Lessons from Real Life
Life experiences are great learning tools. In order to capitalize on life’s lessons and use them to your benefit, good leaders will:
- Be more self aware: Seek regular, detailed feedback from colleagues and associates.
- Investigate if colleagues’ work patterns or behaviors are having a negative impact on your own work.
- Embrace the changes that may be necessary to work more efficiently.
- Focus on improving interpersonal relationships within an office.
- Acknowledge positive changes in personal style and behavior to encourage others to make similar changes; or make changes in your personal style to model as behavior for others to follow.
- Censor personal behaviors that distract from others’ management style.
- Cultivate a corporate culture that supports caring, honest, retaliation-free communication between colleagues and reward such behavior when it is demonstrated.